- The latest and best ever version of Pro-Ject's first turntable
- Benefits from True Balanced Connections capability
- True high-end sound with ultimate convenience
The X1 B is the latest version of Pro-Ject’s original record player, still in the range after more than 25 years. The X1 B is a cutting-edge turntable that brings high-end analogue technologies to a more affordable price-point. This beautiful turntable now also features a fully balanced mini XLR output, which offers you a symmetrical connection to our new Phono Box S3 B or Phono Box DS3 B.
Structurally the X1 B is framed by its over-sized, heavyweight MDF structure. Inside the plinth, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board (for automatic switching between 33 and 45 RPM as well as additional 78 RPM support), delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system.
In the X1 B, the motor drives a purpose-made, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing, for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
The X1 B is also better than its predecessors thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm, inspired by our superior The Classic turntable. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 tonearm can also be adjusted for accurate azimuth and VTA settings, allowing advanced analogue audiophiles to fine-tune more than ever before. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge/tonearm resonances.
The X1 B is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Supplied as standard with a brand new Pro-Ject Pick-IT S2 MM cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon but voiced by the design team at Pro-Ject, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box are a pair of Connect-IT E RCA cables; a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. The turntable is then positioned on three height-adjustable, decoupling Alu/TPE sandwich feet for improved isolation from the structure it’s placed upon. For safety when not in use, an acrylic dust cover is also included with the turntable.
The X1 B truly represents the epitome of Pro-Ject’s core philosophies. Due to the company’s extensive experience and meticulous manufacturing processes, they’ve put resources, time and effort into giving music lovers the best sound for their money, rather than cutting corners to save on costs. From the sophisticated motor drive system, on to the specially selected cartridge, the audiophile tonearm, the purpose-designed feet, the hand-cut acrylic platter and beyond; X1 B delivers a luxury level of audio and technical excellence that belies the mid-level price tag.
The X1 B is available in 3 finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer or a luxurious black or white eight-layer gloss paint.
True Balanced Connections
The interconnect cable between a record player and a phono stage is prone to pick up noise on the way. That noise and interference can stem from a lot of unavoidable sources, such as household applicances, wi-fi and bluetooth devices, other power cables and audio amplifiers. Unshielded (i.e. RCA) interconnects can amplify the picked-up noise and make it audible through your speakers, interfering with the pure musical signal.
Balanced (typically XLR) cable connections double the wires carrying the musical signal – with one side inverted. In this case noise still gets picked up by both wires, but with one side reversed. When the signals are re-joined at the phono stage, the picked-up noise is cancelled out by the opposing signals. The benefit of this is a louder, cleaner musical signal that has doubled in size with almost no remaining noise.
Important: To use our True balanced connection to your phono preamp, your X1 B needs to be upgraded with an MC cartridge.
- Pro-Ject's original turntable, now in its latest, best-ever form
- Built-in electronic speed control for 33/45 rpm speed change (also supports 78 RPM playback)
- Carefully isolated, eletronically regulated precision drive motor with sub-platter system
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft bronze bushing and teflon mirrors for minimal vibration
- 8.6" one-piece tonearm tube made from rigid carbon fibre and aluminium
- Benefits from Pro-Ject's True Balanced Connections concept
- Kardan, ultra-low friction 4 pin-point precision tonearm bearings
- Tonearm supports azimuth and VTA adjustment, for advanced users
- Pro-Ject Pick-IT S2 MM cartridge, designed by Pro-Ject and manufactured by Ortofon, delivers a highly dynamic, full sound
- Heavy, resonance-free acrylic platter
- Heavy, CNC machined MDF chassis with premium finish
- Piano (Gloss) Black and White finish have luxury 8-layer paint and hand-polished finish
- Walnut finish features real wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Supplied with specially designed Connect-IT E phono RCA cables
- Height-adjustable aluminium, vibration absorbing feet
|| 33/45/78 (electronic speed change)
||33: 0.30% / 45: 0.25%
|Wow & flutter:
||33: 0.15% / 45: 0.13%
||20mm thick 1.5 kg heavy acryl
||8.6” carbon/aluminium sandwich
|Effective arm length:
|Effective tonearm mass:
|Tracking force range:
||0 - 30mN (S2MM 18mN recommended)
||15 volts DC /0.8A power supply, Dust Cover, Connect-IT E Phono Cable, Feltmat
||5.0 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby
||415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)
||7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight