- Cork and rubber mix platter mat with improved sound characteristcs
- Upgrade replacement for standard felt mat
- Avoids static build up and reduces noise
Isolating the critical parts of your turntable is vitally important when trying to achieve true audiophile quality vinyl playback. A key step in this, which is often overlooked, is isolating the actual vinyl record from the turntable platter. Quality cartridges are extremely sensitive, and can easily detect interactions between your record and an imperfect platter surface.
Standard felt mats have poor anti-static characteristics, which attracts dust to your precious vinyl. They are also often too thin for effective acoustic isolation from the platter, especially those platters made from metal. However, thick rubber mats can isolate the record from your turntable too much, making the record sound lifeless and without character.
As the name suggests, Cork & Rubber-it uses a carefully blended mix of cork and rubber to offer the ultimate acoustic control of rubber alongside the anti-static properties of cork. Cork & Rubber it is available in 1mm thickness, ideal for any turntables as there will be no need to adjust VTA when switching from a felt alternative.
- Upgrade platter mat with improved sound characteristcs
- Ideal replacement for felt mats
- Well-suited to metal platters, thanks to its enhanced damping properties
- Improves timing of audio performance
- Avoids static build up often associated with felt mats