The HDMI performance standard is one of the fastest-moving in our industry. HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) cables carry high-frequency signals alongside a 5-volt DC electric supply. These complex multi-purpose interconnects tend to be longer than most other cables in a system, with the possible exception of speaker cables.
Today’s high-technology house contains many devices producing high-frequency (HF) noise. Cables often act as aerials picking up this noise. Unfortunately, the longer the cable the better aerial it becomes. These unwanted high-frequency signals can penetrate unprotected cables and end up on the signal earth. To preserve these delicate signals, all Chord Company HDMI cables feature high-efficiency HF screening to minimise the noise pick-up.
This HDMI cable has been designed to carry high-quality picture and sound data. To obtain the best results from this cable, please follow these instructions:
- Switch off all equipment before fitting or removing cables.
- Connect so the direction arrows on the cable point away from the source component.
- Avoid touching the contact areas of the plug.
- Route the cable away from power cables.
- Test for compatibility with the equipment you wish to connect before installing cable in walls, floors etc.