- UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM - With this state-of-the-art compact Digital Analogue Converter for home audio, office, or desktop use, you will hear a difference and clarity in your audio system whether you use speakers or headphones
- EASY CONNECTIVITY - Connect via USB3.0 (USB2.0 compatible) input from your USB source such as a computer or Digital Audio Player (DAP). Output to headphones, active speakers, or amplifier with 6.3mm Unbalanced / 4.4mm Balanced / RCA connections
- HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO - Hear familiar songs in a whole new light with rich detail and warm natural tones created by the Burr Brown True Native digital to analogue converter which can process any hi-res audio format up to PCM 384kHz/24 bit, DSD256, DXD 384kHz, and decodes MQA all without additional conversion so you can listen exactly as the artist intended.
- TECH PACKED - With technology like: Variable analogue volume control, PowerMatch adjustment for iEMs/On & Over Ears, and TrueBass to add bass to iEMs and a new and improve low jitter clock with >20dB improved performance, you can listen to your music with smoother, cleaner, playback.
- STYLISH AND SMART DESIGN - Military Grade Aluminium makes up a sturdy and sleek exterior. The smooth curves and edges will bring a sense of peace and tranquillity to your home or office
||ZEN DAC V1||ZEN DAC V2|
|Power Supply Included||✘||✘|
|Connect to active speakers||✔||✔|
|Fixed & Variable mode||✔||✔|
8 Core XMOS Chip
|Upgraded Crystal Clock
16 Core XMOS Chip
The XMOS 16-Core chip processes the audio data received via the USB* digital input.
This new low-latency XMOS microcontroller has greatly enhanced processing power. Compared to the current generation of eight-core chips, this new 16-core IC delivers double the clock speed (2000MIPS) and four times the memory (512KB), as well as the latest SuperSpeed USB standard.
iFi’s in-house digital development team has programmed the XMOS firmware to optimise sound quality and ensure a perfect partnership with the Burr-Brown DAC.
(* Also on S/PDIF on the NEO iDSD/Diablo)
The Burr-Brown True Native® chipset means file formats remain unchanged or ‘bit-perfect’. This means you are listening to music as the artist intended in the format in which it was recorded.
At iFi we use Burr Brown extensively in our products having selected it for its natural-sounding ‘musicality’ and True Native architecture. Our experience with this IC means we know how to make the most of it.
|Hi-Res True Native® playback of all music formats from MP3 to DSD256, PCM384 and DXD384.|
MQA is an award-winning audio technology that enables music fans to stream the original master recording into their home, car or on their mobile. In the words of Gilbert O’Sullivan, iconic Irish-born singer-songwriter, “The great thing about MQA is that it delivers the finesse that was there in the desk sound. It’s tremendous, it sounds really good.”
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is supported through the USB with full decoding of MQA files up to 384kHz thanks to the processing power of the new 16-core XMOS chip.
Check out how to set up your MQA decoder via Tidal, Roon and Audirvana here.
This means that the full ‘three unfold’ decoding process is performed internally, as opposed to only the final unfold in the manner of an MQA ‘renderer’.
Globally, MQA has become an important consideration for any comprehensively equipped DAC. It is available through for Tidal Masters, Audirvana and Roon.
Extensive jitter-eradication technologies are applied to the digital stage, including our GMT (Global Master Timing) femto-precision clock and the intelligent memory buffer.
The low-jitter crystal clock has been updated to provide >20dB better performance
It is a superior method to the traditional single-ended circuit approach. Balanced circuits reduce noise and crosstalk. Less Interference – clearer sound.
You normally find this set-up in products at the higher end of the price spectrum such as the Pro iCAN but iFi is now using this across its range to produce the best quality audio for all our customers.
TrueBass® – delivers genuine bass with realistic depth and definition.
Everything from timpani to a bass guitar, to an electronic bassline, is conveyed with power and poise.
|Input||USB3.0 B Socket
|Formats||DSD256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD DXD(384/352.8kHz), PCM(384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz) MQA|
|DAC||Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown|
|Output||Audio RCA (SE) — 2.1V fixed
1V / 3.3V max. (variable)
4.4mm Pentaconn (BAL) — 4.2V fixed
2V / 6.2V max. (variable)
|Zout||<= 200 Ohm (BAL)
<= 100 Ohm (SE)
|SNR||< -116dB(A) @ 0dBFS (BAL/SE)|
|DNR||> 116dB(A) @ -60dBFS (BAL/SE)|
|THD+N||< 0.0015% @ 0dBFS (BAL/SE)|
|Output Power (@1% THD)||4.4mm Pentaconn (BAL)
330mW@32 Ohm; 6.6V@600 Ohm;
16 Ohm - 600 Ohm Headphone
6.3mm S-BAL (SE)
230mW@32 Ohm; 3.3V@600 Ohm
16 Ohm - 600 Ohm Headphone
Note: Using 5v power. If powered from USB, power output may vary.
|Output Impedance||< 1 Ω (BAL/SE)|
|THD & N||< 0.005% (125mW @ 32R)|
|SNR||> 113dBA (6.2V BAL/3.3V SE)|
|Power consumption||< 1.5W via USB power OR 5v DC (power supply not included)|
|Dimensions||160(w) x 117(d) x 35(h) mm
6.3" x 4.6" x 1.4"
|Weight (Gross)||0.8 kg (1.8 lbs)|
|Warranty period||12 months|
Free 3-5 day delivery on all orders within the UK with no minimum spend
12 Month Guarantee
12 month guarantee on all products for your peace of mind
Best price promise
We beat or match any price on the whole range at Joe Audio