- Luxury turntable available in four high-quality finishes
- Premium audio technologies throughout
- True high-end sound with ultimate convenience
The X2 is a luxury high-end turntable that delivers sonically and technically while maintaining a high aesthetic appeal – but without an esoteric price tag. Employing Pro-Ject’s latest audio technologies, it stands apart in a market awash with “me-too” analogue products.
Structurally the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter than previous versions, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become cleaner and more precise. Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board (for automatic switching between 33 and 45 RPM as well as additional 78 RPM support), delivers clean and stable power to the silent motor system. For even further improved performance, the motor is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE belt; this way the motor chassis is effectively decoupled from the main plinth.
In the X2, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
The X2 also benefits from a super-stiff, precisely tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm with a wider tube, inspired by our superior The Classic turntable. This 9” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference and better internal damping. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 tonearm can also be adjusted for accurate azimuth and VTA settings, allowing advanced analogue audiophiles to fine-tune more than ever before. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge/tonearm resonances.
The X2 is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Supplied as standard with the popular Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon specifically for Pro-Ject turntables, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box are a pair of Connect-IT E RCA cables; a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. The turntable is then positioned on three height-adjustable, decoupling Alu/TPE sandwich feet for improved isolation from the structure it’s placed upon. For safety when not in use, an acrylic dust cover is also included with the turntable.
The X2 is fine-tuned to focus on audio excellence. It has all the features needed for convenient day-to-day use, but no superfluous add-ons that start to negatively impact the sonic character. The end result is a highly engaging, musical turntable that delivers deep, detailed lows, crisp high frequencies and an engaging well-presented midrange. But due to Pro-Ject’s advanced manufacturing experience, while delivering great sound the X2 is also a beautiful piece of engineering that can stand proud as the focal point in any home environment.
The X2 is available in four finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer, a luxurious black 8-layer high gloss paint, or black or white eight-layer hand-polished satin paint.
- Luxury turntable without the esoteric price tag
- Built-in electronic speed control for 33/45 rpm speed change (also supports 78 RPM playback)
- Specially isolated, eletronically regulated precision drive motor with sub-platter system
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft bronze bushing and teflon mirrors for minimal vibration
- 9" one-piece tonearm tube made from rigid carbon fibre and aluminium
- TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by 50%
- Tonearm supports azimuth and VTA adjustment, for advanced users
- Ortofon 2M Silver super fast, super precise MM cartridge with silver coils and elliptical stylus profile
- Heavy (2kg), resonance-free acrylic platter
- Heavy (50mm thick), CNC machined MDF chassis with premium finish
- Piano (Gloss) Black, Satin Black and White finish have luxury 8-layer paint and hand-polished finish
- Walnut finish features real wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Supplied with specially designed Connect-IT E phono RCA cables
- Height-adjustable aluminium, vibration absorbing feet
|Speed:||33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)|
Prefitted Cartridge & Stylus
|Ortofon 2m Silver|
|Platter:||30mm thick acryl, 2kg heavy acryl|
|Mains bearing:||Stainless steel|
|Speed Variance:||33: 0.25%
|Wow & Flutter:||33: 0.12%
|Signal to Noise:||70dB|
|Tonearm:||9" carbon/aluminium sandwich|
|Effective arm length:||9"/230mm|
|Effective tonearm mass:||13.5g|
|Tracking force range:||0 - 30mN (18mN recommended for Pick-IT 2M Silver)|
|Included Accessories:||15V DC/800mA power supply
Connect-IT E Phono RCA Cable
|Power Connection:||110 - 240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption:||4.5W max / 0.3W standby|
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||460 x 150 x 340mm (lid closed)|
Free 3-5 day delivery on all orders within the UK with no minimum spend
12 Month Guarantee
12 month guarantee on all products for your peace of mind
Best price promise
We beat or match any price on the whole range at Joe Audio